A seafaring delicacy, coconut namas is delicious with rice or as a side dish but best made on the beach after catching that fresh fish. Such a flavorsome tropical delight!
Refreshing and comforting…
Cooking time: 20min | Feeds: 4 | Difficulty: easy | Spicy: optional
- 2 x small fish fillets
- 2 x lemons juiced
- half tin coconut cream
- 1 x small purple onion (or brown for stronger taste)
- 2 x tomatoes diced
- 2 x stalks of spring onion
- 1 x chili finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper for taste
- Combine raw fish and lemon juice and leave to rest as long as you want, the longer you leave the more the fish will cook. This fish was left for 20mins to keep it semi raw, some may like to sit for 3-4hrs to completely cook.
- Dice and combine remaining ingredients.
- Stir and add optional fresh chili and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day.