Nothing better than visiting your grandmother and eating her home cooked food. A simple recipe for a hot summers day, fried fish can be served as a main or a side dish. Our favourite fish to use is trevally, snapper or barramundi, freshly caught of course 🙂
Simple and homely…
Cooking time: 20min | Feeds: 2-3 | Difficulty: easy | Spicy: optional
- 2 x fish fillets (medium snapper used here)
- half cup plain flour
- 1-2 tablespoons Keens Curry Powder (spice level to taste)
- salt and pepper for taste
- cooking oil for frying
- Slice fish fillets into large bite size portions. Then combine all dry ingredients of flour, curry powder, salt and pepper.
2. Cover fish pieces evenly in the dry powder mix ready for frying.
3. Heat cooking oil to a shallow depth in a large frying pan. When hot enough place fish pieces evenly in the oil, making sure not to over crowd.
4. Fry fish till golden brown, roughly 2-3 minutes each side. Then place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
5. Add some fresh lemon and enjoy 🙂